Santiago East, Chile Mission

Santiago East, Chile Mission
January 16,2013

Week #11 The Mountains are Huge in Chile!

Hola hola everyone,

Well, this week has been super, well, all over the place. Last week was really hard for me. I had been giving it my all and just felt like nothing was happening and our week was super super boring and nobody around, and just bla. So, I was pretty upset on Monday. But that was when I decided I needed to turn to the Lord.  I fell (literally) to the floor and just begged my Heavenly Father to help us find an investigator, to help us see miracles in Los Platanos and much more. After I prayed I felt a little better, but then just went on with our day like always.  Well, the next day I saw a miracle.  Me and my hna decided to visit this house that we had visited for the 3rd time, and the lady was always to busy to listen to us, but I felt one more time wouldn´t hurt. But this time, we decide to ask specifically for Benita... she came to the door and we said, our thing, that we were missionaries for the ya ya ya.  And she looked at us and said, can you guys come by tomorrow and give me and my daughter a blessing of salud. (blessing for the sick.)  We said,  "Of course of course!!"  We were super excited and right after we called the elders and they were more than willing to help! So the next day comes around and we knocked her door. No body knew who this Benita person was, and we were all super confused, but we just waited there for a couple of minutes and finally a boy came out and we followed him back through like 3 different houses. Benita's house was clear in the back behind all these other houses.  I would have never known someone was living back there (the fact that we found her was a blessing in itself) but yah, so we started talking and she is so fantastic catholic. And she has a lot of faith in God.  We talked a bit about the POS and she was so stoked about it.  Then we gave her and her daughter a blessing.  The spirit was amazing and after, she asked if she could come to church.  My heart dropped! We explained that it was conference weekend and talked about visiting her this Wednesday!!  Ahhh so incredible!!  My testimony of prayer just has grown so so much! I know Heavenly Father listens to our prayers and is just waiting for the right time to answer them. If we would have found Benita before, I never would have had the experience of praying and have been able to draw closer to my Heavenly Father. My faith has grown so much and I know God has a plan for each of us. It was a really cool experience for me. So fingers crossed this week for Benita, and much prayer.

We also visited Juan this week, and, well he is never sober, but he is my favorite person ever.  Hna Val. said she loves how big my heart is because every other comp she has had would never take the time to talk to Juan and say he is a waist of time. He may not ever progress, but he is our amigo and i just see his face light up every time he sees us, and that is worth it to me. But, crazy story for today, another one of Juan's friends died the other night so that's 2 now... so sad, a big slab of metal fell on his head and killed him.  Terrible.. Juan was pretty crushed about it, but he seems to always have a smile on his face.

oh and we taught family Diaz again, the girl who is prego. and it was interesting... I blurted out in my testimony something really really blunt and my comp. said it scared her, and we didn't know what to do for a minute.  Then it ended up being a really good thing... we gained the family's trust.  It was scary because it could have gone really bad or really good.  Thank goodness it went good!

Conference this weekend was, ahh the best!!  Mum, I listened to every talk and didn't even fall asleep!!! haha And we got to watch it in English which was incredible. I never realized how everything the prophet teaches in conference is what we as missionaries are teaching everyday. It reminded me of a quote in a talk I heard in the MTC that said, as a missionary you will never be as close to being like the quorum of the 12 as you are now.  Pretty incredible!  I'm no apostle, but I'm trying my hardest be the best I can be.  It's so incredible to hear and see all the missionaries around the world.  It seriously is so so incredibly inspirational!!! I cant believe it!! There is no other place I would rather be right now. It was cool also when we were watching conference to think of all the people around the world: my family, my friends on missions, and everyone all watching the messages of the Prophets all at the same time.  Incredible!!!  It's crazy our mission is so blowing up right now. We are receiving 15 new sisters tomorrow, some of the Hnas are training two at a time in new sectors that are just being opened. (I don't know how because apparently Santiago Chile is the smallest mission in the world) but by July, we will have equal hnas to elders. I have no words for this... crazy crazy.

Well I love you guys all so much, I hope you have a great week and know I am always praying for you!

Con mucho amor,
Your lil missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment