Santiago East, Chile Mission

Santiago East, Chile Mission
January 16,2013

Week #64 Four Weeks To Go!!

 Hola a todos ¿como estan?
so this week was just kinda a crazy week! so first of all mundial (the world cup for soccer) started and chile made it! the chileans are so freaking happy and we actually aren't allowed to go out and work when chile is playing because its very dangerous... chuuuuta... hahah. but its fun to see chile and the people so patriotic... but ya and we had zone conference this week and elder robbins for the 70ies came and talked to us... it was a crazy week with lots of reunions... but a really good week.  i learned a lot. it was cool because elder robbins talked about the mission and how the mission is the university of life, and the best place to learn and prepare you for everything you will take on during your life... he also talked about the holy ghost and the importance of having a true conversions because if we don't, even a angel coming down to visit us would not be enough for us to believe if the holy ghost hasn't truly touched our hearts; and tons and tons of other stuff...but it was awesome. he is an incredible person and without a doubt you could see that he was a disciple of Christ!!
so we had a really good district class this week and i just absolutely loved it. my district leader is elder gowdy (mckenzie mckeon's friend) he's awesome!! so the week before, we had zone class and i had to teach one of the parts, and i was so nervous!! and i remember before i gave the class the only thing i wanted was that i could touch someone with the message i had. so the class ended and i kinda felt dumb after, but se me paso... then we had this class and elder gowdy was like, "hermana godfrey said this and i wanted to explain it a bit more..." and he just shared about how much my message had touched him and it was such a testimony to me that you never know whose hearts you might touch and heavenly father answers our prayers!!! it was cool, but he read a story from the liahona of june 2014 by elder holland that i really liked:
 
Latter day Saints are called upon to be the leaven in the loaf, the salt that never loses its savor, the light set upon a hill never to be hidden under a bushel. So start presenting!

If we do right and talk right and reach out generously with our words and our deeds, then, when the Savior cuts short His work in righteousness,says time is no more in this last dispensation, and comes in His glory, He will find us doing our best, trying to live the gospel, trying to improve our lives and our Church and our society the best way we can.

When He comes, I so want to be caught living the gospel. I want to be surprised right in the act of spreading the faith and doing something good. I want the Savior to say to me: “HERMANA GODFREY(place your name  here), I recognize you not by your title but by your life, the way you are trying to live and the standards you are trying to defend. I see the integrity of your heart. I know you have tried to make things better first and foremost by being better yourself and then by declaring my word and defending my gospel to others in the most compassionate way you could.”

He will certainly add: “I know you weren’t always successful with your own sins and with the circumstances of others, but I believe you honestly tried. I believe in your heart you truly loved me.”

I want to have something like that encounter someday as I want nothing else in this mortal life. And I want it for you. I want it for us all. “Israel,Israel, God is calling”6—calling us to live the gospel of Jesus Christ personally in small ways and large ways, to reach out to those who may not look or dress or behave quite as we do, and then (where we can) to go beyond that to serve in the widest community we can address.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ, whose servant I am trying to be. And I love our Heavenly Father, who cared enough to give Him to us. Regarding that gift, I know that God is calling to Israel in these latter days to be more Christlike and to be more holy than we now are in our determination to live the gospel and establish Zion. I also know that He will give us the strength and the holiness to be true disciples if we plead for them.

i love it!! and that is how i want to be when i am done with this life. it doesn't matter how cool we are or how much money we have or how famous we are because at the end of the day, Christ is not going to look at us for these acts but at how we lived our lives.... so what are we focused on?

well i hope you all have a great week love you all so much 30 days, omgoodnesss..... i cant believe it!! always praying for you all!! thanks always for the support!! con amor,

hermana godfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment