Santiago East, Chile Mission

Santiago East, Chile Mission
January 16,2013

WEEK #17

Hola familia y amigos,

Okay!! So where do i start it's so crazy because i just feel like all the days are blurring together, like you said one time, mum, days come and go and every once in a while something exciting happens jaja! So this semana we worked our butts off trying the complete our goals for the month and I've just been trying really hard to not waste time and just keep our days filled with stuff to do, which was a really good thing. We visited Benita this week and are teaching her lesson 4 tomorrow, the commandments. I don't know what it is but it's really hard with her because we will ask, "Did you receive an answer about the b.o.m and Jose Smith?" and she´ll say yes and that's it!!, nothing else!! And then she´ll start talking about something way off subject. So i don't really know where we are at with her. She now works Saturdays and Sundays only ( freakin Satan) and so she didn't come to church this Sunday and I don't know, I'm just lost i guess. I can't figure out what she is really feeling. She is always is so excited to see us, listens to us and asks tons of questions, reads and does all we ask but something… i dunno, just isn't there!! It's hard to because we don't have anyone else, no other investigators really progressing and i just don't know what I'm doing wrong… i literally am doing everything i can for this lady in our sector and we just can't find anyone who is interested and its hard.  But I've got to keep my chin up, right!! And keep trekking!! There is someone out there we can help even if it is just planting that seed. (: oh we finally got to talk to Gerado for the first time in 3 weeks. He´s been working a lot. We talked to him and his sister and i really can see his sister, Angelica go somewhere, but the problem is the mom!!! She loves us but that's it. She doesn't want to hear anything more from us and she always comes in and distracts us from teaching, and she knows she´s doing it too... it's kinda funny though, sometimes this lady really is repulsive. She comes up to me and says, "I haven't showered in 5 days!" lifts up her shirt and her boob falls out so she wipes the sweat from underneath her boob and shoves it in my face. Let's just say that was a smell i will never forget, and i think i about passed out after that!!… haha Her son, David Jesus, the one with downs syndrome asked me to come sit by him, and he started to give me a massage. I felt so awkward and i didn't know what to do, and for a second i thought he was going to kiss me, he kept getting closer and closer to me and hna vale just sat and laughing at me because i guess i looked so uncomfortable. haha!!  Oh, the experiences you have in the mission. Ahhhh Kyn!! I can't wait to hear all yours. We´ll see what happens with Gerado. We are going to have an asado with the whole family this saturday so that should be really fun!! Oh ya!!  I went and got my visa on Friday too!!  Well, that was a long day, and thankfully i had no problems.  I got to see all my friends from my district in Provo and it was so fun to see them all speaking Spanish! It was cool too, Elder Close, a kid that was in my district in Provo and has been in my district here in Chile, told everyone that he probably would be home right now if i wasn't for Hermana Godfrey... I thought that was really neat!  I didn't really do much, but still, really cool of him to say.  After my visa, hna Val got really sick and threw up so we didn't work Friday or much on Saturday but we tried to make it up on Sunday and i think i pushed her a little to hard Sunday because she kinda got sick again but she´s doing good now. But, all is good here in Chile it is raining like crazy, which you know how much i love rain, and it's so funny because it is just like the movies where cars drive by and a huge sheet of water falls all over you. So, moral of the story, don't stand too close to the sides of the street!! hahaha pretty funny though!! I love you guys so much so fun to hear you all had a great week and that school is almost out and summer is coming! Have so much fun this week and thanks so much for the prayers! xoxoxo

Te amo muchisimo,
your lil missionary,

No comments:

Post a Comment